O'Mahony Meats Ltd.
"Catering for Quality"
Recipe Ideas from O'Mahony Meats
Marinated Grilled Chuck (Braising) Steaks
10 months ago
- 4 O’Mahony Meats Braising Steaks
Marinade: - 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Pepper and chilli flakes
Herb Butter: - 1 block of unsalted softened butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place the steaks in a flat-bottomed dish and pour the marinade over. Turn the steaks a few times to make sure they are completely coated.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 24 hours.
- Combine the softened (but not melted) butter with all the other ingredients in a small bowl using a fork.
- Pour the butter onto a piece of cling film and roll into a log. Twist the ends of the film, removing any air.
- Place the log of butter in the fridge and allow to harden.
Grilling the Braising Steaks:
- Place the steaks on the grill or griddle pan for 3-5 minutes per side. This will allow the steaks to sear and lock in the juices.
- Move the steaks to indirect heat, i.e. cover the grill or pan, and continue to cook until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Once the steaks are done to your liking, remove from the heat. Cover with tin foil and allow the meat to rest for a few minutes.
- Place a slice of herb butter on top and serve.
Address: Unit 13A, Malahide Rd Industrial Park, D17F309