O'Mahony Meats Ltd.
"Catering for Quality"
Recipe Ideas from O'Mahony Meats
French Brasserie-style Bavette in a Shallot and Red Wine Sauce
4 months ago
- 2 O’Mahony Meats Bavette Steaks
- 4 Shallots
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 500ml Red Wine
- Salt, Pepper
- 30g Butter
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Sweat the shallots in the butter on low heat for about 10mn.
- Add the red wine and the corn flour. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook on low for about 30mn. You may need to add more wine if you find that the sauce reduces too much.
- Pan-fry the Bavette steaks on high (about 5mn on each side or 1 ½ mn per side if you are French!).
- Serve the Bavette steaks with the shallot and red wine sauce and some chips.
Address: Unit 13A, Malahide Rd Industrial Park, D17F309